Monday, December 17, 2007

The Weight of Nothing

The Weight of Nothing.....Tell me the weight of
a snowflake, a coal mouse asked a wild dove.
Nothing more than nothing, was the answer.
In that case, I must tell you a marvelous story, the coal mouse said.
I sat on the branch of a fir, close to its trunk, when it began to snow heavily, not in a raging blizzard, no, just like a dream, without any wound and without any violence. Since I did not have anything better to do, I counted the snowflakes settling on the twigs and needles in my branch. Their number was exactly 3,714,952.
When the 3,714,953rd dropped onto the branch, nothing more that nothing as you would say, the branch broke off.
Having said that, the coal mouse flew away.
The dove, since Noah's time an authority on the matter, thought about the story for a while, and finally said to herself, "Perhaps there is only one person's voice lacking for peace in the world."

This was written on one of the pages of my Ocarina songbook and I thought it was such a wonderful story to share during this holiday season.

From my home to yours, Happy Holidays and may the New Year bring us all the ever elusive peace that we want.

1 comment:

Daisy//Dyzyloxin said...

Hi Tita Lynel! This is Daisy. I also have a blog. Please visit mine when you get a chance. The address is,
http://daisyslittlechefblog.blogspot.com/

See you around!

Love,

Daisy